I often write blog posts in my head while I’m in the shower. As you can tell from the state of my blog, that’s usually as far as they get. The minute I step out of my room (and sometimes before), I am besieged by toddler calling “Mommy, where aweeee you?!?” through the monitor and 9 year-old tigger bouncing around begging for food. This morning was particularly special as he says “I really want a grilled cheese for breakfast” and when I said, bleary-eyed and waiting for teapot to boil, “we will see”, he threw a fit and said he’d gotten up early “*just so I could make one for him*.” Well isn’t that special? One fucking grilled cheese later and I’m trying to blog in the bathroom, door closed, while keeping one eye on the toddler who is milk-drunk and drinking bubbles.
1) Just got off our long-overdue honeymoon cruise. It was phenomenal, mostly because there were no kids and no devices and just time together. And trying lots of new things. Hehe.
2) Mr. V is pressing hard for a #3. And a new house. And a new engine for his car. And for me to draft contracts for his business and, um no, his customer’s business. You know, in my spare time?
3) Except for the whole pregnancy-sucks-and-almost-kills-me part (and, you know, NO time), I’m not completely opposed. Because my babies are wicked cute when they aren’t driving me nuts.
4) Leaving for international business trip Friday night. Two continents. 6 days of work in what should be a 3-day week. Getting back following Sunday. My boss is pissed. The travel/purpose is due to a direct request from her boss, the general counsel. So, yeah, going. And hoping ultimate payoff is worth the sacrifice.
5) Mr. V will be home with the kids. The Halloween decorations he hung remain in the yard because he “has no time” and “cannot multitask.” In fact, he was going to do a car show while I was gone and leave the kids with ??? Hahahahahaha.
6) I am completely out of foundation, not packed, lightbulbs have been burned out in living room and in my (pitch-black) bathroom for two weeks and my kitchen is filled with dishes. Must find time for Clinique run but pretty sure I will return home (from business trip…) to status quo on lights and dishes I have full-day meetings all week bookended by dinners Monday and Thursday and, yeah, have to be driving to the airport at 3p on Friday. Looks like a Thursday all-nighter.
7) School. Kicking my ass a bit harder than last year (thank you, Evidence, you bitch) and the first half of my year-long curriculum seems to be exceptionally front-loaded. Special. Unlike my other colleagues who were law clerks during school and worked part-time (and were either men or unmarried young women), I work full-time doing the same job as the attorneys next to me and still have to find time for school. I am doing NOTHING more than 80% well in school, work or life these days.
8) I drink one bottle of wine every night. I’m packing on weight. My head is pounding by the time I get home… probably because I want wine. There is probably a lot to be said about this but for now that’s all I’ve got.
9) My mother-in-law moved to town. She’s a great help when Baby J needs a sitter. Throw in Pumpkinhead and she’s losing her mind. Oh yeah, and she’s a drama queen diva.
10) My parents just moved back to town. See #9. Multiply it. FML.
11) Mr. V’s Dad and stepmother moved to town. See 9 & 10. Neither of them are divas or drama queens BUT put them in a room with 9 & 10 and it’s *special*. That happens a lot….
12) I am meeting up with more racist, sexist, mysoginistic assholes in this new role than ever before. Yay oilfield. Geebus. My tongue has permanent indentations.
13) Yay Obama! Yay female elected reps! Yay marriage equality. Ending on a positive note.
This concludes my regularly scheduled bi-annual blog post of random nonsense. It’s 7 a.m. Not drunk, just rambling.