Have I mentioned that I am horrible at coming up with blog post titles?
1) My state has a new updated snazzy sex offender registry. Not so sure I’m thrilled to now be armed with the knowledge that there are 72 sex offenders within a three-mile radius of my home. Fortunately very few who were arrested for pedophilia so I can keep mental images of the smaller bunch more easily. Probably time to have the Stranger Danger talk with Pumpkinhead…
2) I’m so sick. Off work today. Went to doctor and he said it’s not the Swine Flu (couldn’t rule out Pug, though…) and that it is just a nasty upper respiratory infection. That said, he thinks it needs 20 days of antibiotics because it is pretty set in and I can’t stop vomiting. Blah. And he also wants me to stay home and rest.
3) Okay, I used to think that everyone was way too hard on their assistants. Then I got one. F&^*&! Asked her to help me today with something our boss needed urgently. She had to pull some files together from ONE folder, zip them and send them too him. Oh no, first they weren’t named the EXACT thing he sent. Then she thought she had to print and scan them. THEN she called me and I didn’t answer because I was sick and in the bathroom. When I called her back about 3 minutes later, she was frantic and had two attorneys in our group in our office because she didn’t know how to zip files (and neither did they, apparently…). Okay, while it is nice to be needed, it is NOT nice to be super sick and unable to pass a simple task like this off. Grrr.
4) Speaking of being needed, my boss called me at 4:15 p.m. I had already informed him that I will be off tomorrow but hope to return on Friday. He said that he had an urgent project that needed to be finished by first thing tomorrow. Now it is urgent. And for a variety of reasons, most to do with access to the data and with technical expertise, I am the only one who can do it right now. But geez, I feel like crap on a cracker. And now I have to do cartwheels because this particular deliverable is going to some VIPs tomorrow. Ugh.
5) On the plus side, have I mentioned that I adore Mr. V. Sweet guy drove an hour across town to bring me his SUV. He picked up Crazy Roomie’s car that I have been driving and is taking it back to her to switch out with Big Ass Truck. Yay for men who pitch in with the dirty work. Then he took me out, makeupless and raggedy, to a local Mexican restaurant for a steaming hot bowl of tortilla chicken soup (really does cure all ills) and held my snotty hand even after I coughed. Swoon. He’s planning a trip to his home state in August and asked me to come with (and, unlike past boyfriends, he actually wants to pay for my ticket!!) And he told Pumpkinhead tonight that he’s picking up Mario Kart for his WII so they will have something to play when we come over. Sweet!!